Tuesday, April 9, 2019

It's been a while

   Hello everyone, long time no chat! I'm sorry but let me side track from the project a little to tell you about why I haven't been very present these past two weeks.
Florida State Officer team +  HS National Officer (far left - Adam Cavanaugh)
   For the past week (starting April 5th) I have been at the 2018 - 2019 SkillsUSA Florida State Leadership and Skills Conference (also known as SLSC). I was not only competing at the conference but I was also a State Officer which meant I was played a large part in the planing of the entire conference and I helped make things run smoothly at the conference as well. In result this entire week I have been running around working and doing my hardest to make sure I could do my part in making things work out well. I didn't win in my competition but I was still extremely with the end results of this conference. Also to add I have been a part of this organization for four years and have been a State Officer elect for the past two, this being my last year due to me being a senior in high school. Needless to say an hour ago at the end of closing ceremonies (when we took the picture above) I was quite emotional and quite honestly don't regret spending every waking moment this week solely focused on this conference.
Silent Film team (Dean Milan, Oliver Sulla, and I)
   On top of all of that I had my last Student Television Network (also known as STN) convention the week prior to last (March 26 to April 3).  I have also been participating in this organization for the past four years of my high school career. With that being said I had never won an award for an individual contest (individual in this convention means small team of students competing to create a video) and I won second place in the nation with my silent film team (the one in the picture above). Suffice to say it has been an emotional and eventful past two weeks but I can't wait to release this project soon and be able to discuss the final products with you all!
That's a Rapp on this post, till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment