Sunday, March 10, 2019

continuation of advertising and scouting for actors

Hey everyone, so I have started to really hit some blimps in the road.
As you know I have started advertising and trying to recruit actors for my film. I have asked my ASL teacher to as around with the people she knows in the deaf community, while we also advertised the three main character parts to all of her ASL classes. So far no one (hearing or deaf) has reached out to me about acting in the movie trailers. In all honesty I'm a little worried because I am not going to be in Florida for spring break (which for us is March 22 to April 1) therefore I really need to start filming this upcoming weekend (March 15,16,17).  Currently I have one hearing friend of mine that knows how to sign who says if I can not find anyone else to act he is willing to act for my trailer.
Along with continuing to reach out to people in person at my school and through word of mouth, I also decided to advertise in other means. I felt as though I needed to try to reach people that I may not have any relation to because they may also be interested and I am quite honestly open to working with anyone who would like to collaborate and further develop this "movie". I took to social media with a graphic I made to try and reach more people. I don't own a Twitter account but I decided to make one to advertise my need for a actor, and I also looked into creating a Facebook account but to be completely honest I don't quite understand Facebook so it seemed wisest to me to avoid it. Along with that I also created a Instagram highlight on my own personal Instagram account to continue advertising (making a separate account seemed a little excessive at this stage of production so I am holding off for now). I still haven't gotten any responses so I may have to start completely rethinking some of my initial ideas on showing the development of this film if this continues because I need to be able to start production as soon as possible. Hopefully things start getting better soon.
That's a rapp on this post, till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment