Friday, March 8, 2019

start of scouting

   I am now hitting what I believe will be the biggest struggle of this project, finding actors.
   Currently I have started trying to find the supporting characters which would be the love interest and best friend. When thinking of the best friend I want the character to feel like the ying to the main deaf character's yang. I want the best friend to be comedic and extroverted, slightly taunting to his best friend but in the end is always there for him. When thinking of the love interest I want this girl to be shown as a sort of combination between the best friend and the deaf  main character in interests and characteristics. I want this girl to be shown as kept to herself but not stand off-ish, being artistic and essentially a fun person to be around, yet is modest/humble. I was also thinking about having this girl be in the (MC) main character's art class which is where they first meet. I think that would be a great way to introduce the characters to each other but also as a original drive for the MC to want to go to art class and learn more, later on developing a love for art itself.
   Essentially I plan to film in the afternoon on March 15 (Friday) and 16 (Saturday), while filming all day on March 17 (Sunday). I would hope to film any shots at a school in the story that Friday. Then filming all the art studio painting and house scenes on that Saturday. Finally any dialogue or crucial scenes to be covered that Sunday. I am also open to moving filming times and dates just so I can make sure my actors are available and able to work then, which means I can't really finalize any film dates till I have gotten confirmations from my 3 main character actors (MC, best friend, & love interest).
    I have started scouting for actors/actresses for my film and let me tell you it is turning out as I had predicted. Talking to my ASL who agreed to help me find a deaf actor, she said she would simply put up an ad (which I made) on the Broward College deaf club facebook. I was under the impression tha when I talked to her that she would ask some deaf people she knew personally whether they would be interested in acting. With that being said I have decided I am going to branch out more on my own hoping to advertise and contact people through the social media I created for this film. With the advertising my teacher and I have now done we stated that if anyone is interested to contact me before March 13. I know I really want to get a deaf actor but because of the immense pressure and time constraints I am put under I can't risk not having an actor; I have decided that if I cannot find a deaf actor by March 13 I will look for a hearing actor that simply knows how to sign. With that being said all that is left is to also cast the other two crucial characters. Originally I specifically asked my peer Charlie Seldin if he would be interested in acting as the best friend mainly because he perfectly matches the idea I had of the best friend character. Not only is he fluent in ASL but he is also very comedic and outgoing. Yet when I asked him he seemed very interested but said he will most likely be busy so he can't fully commit, he would let me know if anything changed later on. In the end I asked in my ASL class if anyone would be interested in taking on either the best friend or love interest role. I told them if anyone was interested to talk to me after class or text me by Sunday, March 10th. I must now play a waiting game to see how many/if I get any responses by said dates.
That's a Rapp on this post, till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment