Sunday, March 3, 2019

General Plot with some character ideas

   Hey I wanted to share with you guys my general idea for the theoretical plot of the movie!
   Begining: I want to start of the movie with my deaf boy (I still have to think of a name for him) starting off at a new school in his sophomore year of high school. I want this character as I said before to be a stand off-ish character so I want this character to be shown struggling a little bit in the begining, but not showing it. At the begining I think it would be best portrayed that this character get slight stares and taunting for being deaf but he just blows it off and acts cool. I also want to establish that he originally had hearing when he was born but lost it when he was very little, like 2 - 3 years old. I also want his parents to be hearing parents, yet know little to no sign language, because of the research I did sincee that seemed the most common. I want the begining to just kind of establish the "bonus" struggles this boy deals with to then be able to elaborate on some of them or not even give some of them much thought later on because they become irrelevant in his daily life after time. When thinking it over I also want him to have some kind of best friend. I think having a best friend will reveal more of the true character in the beginning without messing with the characters habit of staying closed to strangers. I am thinking this best friend could have known him since he was in 6th grade so they have some ways back and can already have an established deep personal connection. Along with that I want the best friend to be hearing just so the character isn't confused for just having a hate for all hearing people. I want to show at the beginning this boy is stand off-ish when dealing with others unless they are already close to him and I also want to introduce more than anything general themes and concepts that will be used and elaborated throughout
    Middle: I want to show the character trying to get adapted to the new school with more challenges being thrown his way (maybe general moving to a new location problems, and bullying gets out of hand). I want at this point for the character to discover a love for painting. I think that the film can then grow from his love of painitng and showing that expand and become the main focus of his life. I am also thinking about adding a love interest with a hearing girl. In almost any teen film I have researched, when the main character is a boy there is usually a female love interest to show further teenage struggles and give the character motivation in a sense when making decisions throughout the film. I want him to fall for a hearing girl of course and demonstrate that as more of his normal teenage boy life that in all entirety isn't a struggle that comes from his deafness to show he is a average teenage boy. To elaborate more on the art, I want the boy to try and enter an art contest.
   End: I want the boy to try and become a defined artist as the movie progresses and he finds a love through the art. I want the movie to kinda end with him not having won the art contest but having grown stronger from the experience and finding out what that's what he wants to pursue for the rest of his life so he continues to work hard towards it.
Characters I'm currently thinking we will need is: Love Interest, Best Friend, Bully and Group, Parent(s?), Art Teacher?, and Deaf Boy
This is just a rough outline right now but right now am really excited and hope to start looking for a deaf actor this week to really solidify this whole project.
That's a Rapp on this post, till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment