Wednesday, March 6, 2019

start of design

Hey everyone, I have decided to start looking into designs and themes so I can start looking into making the website and poster. When looking at posters from some of the movies I discussed in my previous posting, I realized the majority of the posters focus was on the main character(s) whether it be a close up of the characters faces in their environment or a long shot with a plain back ground. Along with that I was also able to find a format for how I can put text on my poster.
I also started looking at different examples of movie websites, whether they be previous student projects or films that I mentioned as examples in my previous blog posts. A couple things that  noticed are that majority follow a color theme that matches the tone of their genre/film itself, and that the websites main focus is pushing the content from the film itself. Majority of the websites start off with the movie's trailer, then later on showing a description of the movie, photos from the film, and links to where the film can be purchased. I have decided to start looking into what I could do as a color theme at least to get started.
I have decided I want to follow the stylistic choices of De'Via when creating promotional content, wanting to focus on the culture of the deaf society and the main characters expression of self. With that being said I am going to continue looking into some posters and photos I can make/take for the website and poster, possibly other promotional content.
That's a Rapp on this post, till next time!

Sources:
Berke, Jamie. “What Is Meant by Deaf Culture?” Verywell Health, Verywellhealth, www.verywellhealth.com/deaf-culture-basics-1046268.
“De'VIA Colors.” De'VIA Curriculum, 7 June 2018, deviacurr.wordpress.com/devia-colors/. 
New York Film Academy. “How To Make Movie Posters To Promote Your Film.” Student Resources, Alumni | New York Film Academy, 27 Aug. 2018, www.nyfa.edu/student-resources/make-movie-posters-promote-film/.
“The Edge Of Seventeen | Trailer & Movie Site | Now Playing in Theaters.” STX Entertainment, stxmovies.com/theedgeofseventeen/.
20thcenturyfox. “Love, Simon | Fox Movies.” 20th Century Fox, Bryan Singer, 16 Mar. 2018, www.foxmovies.com/movies/love-simon.

No comments:

Post a Comment